Posted by Clyde on May 31st, 2011 | No Comments
Well who would have thought that I would need to write this post today; but I think it is long overdue anyway.
So here goes…………………
The short version, for people confused about our recent virtual picnic:
You don’t need to actually go anywhere when we hold an event. All you need to do is go to our website. That means… when we invite you to an event it doesn’t matter that you’re out of town. You just need to be online.
The long version: for people just confused:
In January 2010 The Double D Diner; The World’s Only VIRTUAL Diner Fighting Hunger opened its doors. Yet some people still don’t “get” what we are and what we do. So to make life simple I thought I would tell you what we are and what we are not:
WHAT WE ARE:
- We are a charity.
- We raise money for hunger relief agencies in the United States – food banks, soup kitchens, and food pantries.
- We are good deed doers.
- We are compassionate.
- We decided to make the process of giving fun. Some might say we really did put the FUN in FUNdraising. Rather than just writing a check we thought we would make parting with your money a little silly, innovative and different. You order a meal you’re not going to eat, pay for the meal (donate), and be on your way.
- We wanted anyone and everyone to be able to help; you can contribute as little as $1.89 for a cup of coffee; we don’t send out requests for contributions that start at $50; although those will not be shunned.
- In many cases we deliver your contributions in person to the agencies. Our Hunger Hero (see the Clyde Cam) does this at his expense. Again, the making fundraising FUN thing. We also want you to see the whole transaction. Let’s face it; how many times have you contributed to a charity but have no idea where the money goes. We want you to see some of the faces on the other side.
WHAT WE ARE NOT:
- We are not a real diner; we are a Virtual business (again, the fun in fundraising thing); we are not a brick and mortar business; we exist on the worldwide web only; although we are looking at an app. Do you know any app developers who might want to volunteer?
- You can’t get any food here; hence our little tagline; Don’t Eat It! Donate It!
- You don’t need to actually go anywhere when we hold an event. All you need to do is go to our website. So when we invite you to an event it doesn’t matter that you’re out of town. You can be in any town. you just need to be online.
Now anything else you might want to know can be found on our What The Heck Is This page (aka FAQ’s). Or in the meantime you can click on the home link up above and order some breakfast. Let’s face it; breakfast is good anytime.
And think about it; if you got 10 of your friends to donate $1.89 and they got ten of their friends and so on and so on…..we could have amazing impact!
The Double D Diner is the World’s Only Virtual Diner in business to help feed the hungry. Operated by One Less Meal, Inc.; stop by an donate a meal. It’ll do you good; and a few others too!